You have places to be this summer. Your car is your trusty steed to get you from place to place. With such a busy schedule, you don’t have time to waste when there are only so many hours in the day. When out and about, it is best to keep a few essentials in your car to be prepared whenever trouble strikes.
Here are a couple of lists of car essentials that you need to have in your car at all times. Let’s get started!
Front Console Essentials
Here is a list of suggestions for daily essentials you might need in your car while you’re on the go-to that can be stored in your front console for easy access.
- Non-melting snack
- Hand sanitizer
- Secret stash of cash
- Car charger for your phone
- Liquid chapstick
Essential Car Accessories
Down below is a list of essential car accessories that you may not have thought you needed until now.
- The worst feeling is when you’re running errands and you get caught in the rain. You can keep any old umbrella in your car and it gets the job done. A car umbrella is great because it can be stored around the headrest or under your seat to maximize your space in your car.
- If you have kids, you never know what can happen in your car! Beach towels are versatile to be used to clean up spills, use as a blanket for chilly car rides, or a picnic blanket for lunch in the park. Of course, you can always take them to the beach as well.
- If you’re tired of straw wrappers and plastic water bottles scattered all over your car, you need a car trash can. This is an easy way to keep your car clean and if you have kids, will never have to carry around their trash again. You can keep extra garbage bag liners for the trash can in your car, so you always have somewhere to put your trash.
- Your final destination might be colder than you realize. Luckily, you’re prepared with a sweatshirt in your trunk to stay warm wherever your car might take you.
- When snacking in your car, crumbs can get all over the place. For easy cleanup while on the go, it’s best to have a portable car vacuum. You’ll be able to do a quick cleanup at your final destination and won’t have to worry about the mess later.
- Especially in the winter, you never know when you’re going to be caught with snow all over your car. To avoid having your car looking like the abominable snowman, keep an ice scraper in your car for easy clean-off while on the go.
Reusable Shopping Bags
- Reusable shopping bags are great to bring in the store to save on waste. They can also be helpful when you go on an unexpected adventure and need to carry things with you. If you have kids that like to play in mud at the park, you can store their dirty clothes in a reusable shopping bag for the trip home to keep the mess contained.
Best Items for Your Car Emergency Kit
When you’re stuck in an emergency on the road, you need to be prepared for any situation with a car emergency kit. Start with a first aid kit with bandages, your favorite antibiotic ointment for cuts and scrapes, and ibuprofen. Also, you’re going to need to keep a flashlight to see when danger approaches.
You should make sure that you have a spare tire in your car because you never know when you’re going to hit a pothole and blow a tire. As well as jumper cables if you need to restart your car or a buddy’s.
For more extreme situations where you need to escape the car quickly. You’re going to need a seat belt cutter and a window breaker in case your door can’t open. There are car chargers that function as seat belt cutters or window breakers for an easy escape plan when something unexpected happens.
Organizing your Car Essentials
When adding all of these new items to your car, you need to make sure that they are organized for easy access. The best place to store your car emergency kit and everything else you may need for certain situations is your trunk. This is great to put things that you don’t necessarily need all the time and will take up unnecessary space in the front console.
You don’t want to just throw things back in your trunk because that will just make a mess for the future. It’s best to invest in a car trunk organizer. These storage boxes are great because you can expand them if you need more space and are durable for many trips to come. It will keep you organized for daily errand runs and long road trips.
If you’re going on a long road trip, you might be running out of trunk space. Don’t worry about having to choose between what essentials to take out of your car. You can use truck cargo nets to hold your luggage on the roof of your car. This will help you stay organized and keep your essentials close by when they are needed.
These were just some suggestions of some essentials to keep in your car, but it is always good to be prepared. There is no need to be stressed while you’re driving when you have everything you need already stored in your car. So, what are you waiting for? It’s time for you to get your essentials to make road trips even better.
Contributing Writer: Madeline Collins